At RefreshingNames.com we recognize that privacy is important. This Policy applies to all of the products, services and websites offered by RefreshingNames.com or its licensors or affiliates (collectively, RefreshingNames.com's "services").
Information we collect and how we use it:
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as basic website and software functionality. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
• Information you provide - When you sign up for an account with any website or software provided by RefreshingNames.com or other service or promotion that requires registration via our websites or software, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other RefreshingNames.com services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
• Log information - When you use RefreshingNames.com's services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
• Software - When you use RefreshingNames.com's software, our servers automatically record information that the software sends when communicating with our servers. These server logs may include information such as your service request, Internet Protocol address, software type, operating system, technical information for debugging purposes, the date and time of your request, and information to help us maintain, protect and improve our services.
• User communications - When you send email or other communication to RefreshingNames.com, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
• Links - RefreshingNames.com may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our content and advertising.
RefreshingNames.com only processes personal information for the purposes described in this Policy. In addition to the above, such purposes include:
• Providing our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
• Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
• Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
• Developing new services.
RefreshingNames.com processes personal information on our servers in various jurisdictions. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case RefreshingNames.com may not be able to provide those services to you.
RefreshingNames.com only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of RefreshingNames.com in the following limited circumstances:
• We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
• We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
• We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of RefreshingNames.com, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us via the feedback form at our website for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to RefreshingNames.com employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
RefreshingNames.com processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use RefreshingNames.com services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users' personal information. We provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or FAQs for these services.
Changes to this policy